Saturday, August 30, 2008

Connie's Blog

It was interesting to read "Information Format Trends: Content, Not Containers (2004)". It made me aware of the 2003, five-year information format trends and that there will be changes and challenges in its publication. It stated that "format" was not as important as "context or information" within containers. Within the next five-years, the top trends will change regarding legitimacy of publishings, expansion of economics (microcontent), refurbishing the old into the new, and the multimedia content being made an array for all people and portable devices. I'd like to add that this is my first experience with an online class and my first semester as a grad student. Thank you for tolerating me. I probably will have several stupid questions, some
fear(s) and anxiety; but, much hope and faith that we all be successful in our endeavors at PITT. Have a wonderful holiday weekend!
-Connie

1 comment:

Megan1 said...

Connie, I also was struck by the theme of the OCLC article. The fact that the content of the information is more important than how it is delivered is really something that is becoming apparent in libraries. However, I would argue that more and more people are preferring to obtain their information in a digital format over print. Especially for younger people, the thought of actually having to read through a book to pull out the information needed versus having it readily available online is baffling.